Google has taken the bull by the horns and launched the “video Units”, a new video-based advertising where you can embed any Partner video into your own site, and can make money!
If you are an AdSense publishers, located in North America and with a web site in English, take a
look at you ads dashboard inside, your Adsense account your probably you’ve noticed in AdSense Setup tab a video units” link.
For now the program allows only 100 companies to offer their video as part of the program.
Nowadays, website publishers realize that getting people to visit your website is only half of the equation. Growing your audience is important, but keeping your audience engaged and staying on your site longer is just as important, if not more so.
Video units enable AdSense publishers to display videos from several YouTube content partners. The video units are ad-supported, and the ads are relevant to both the video and the site content.
AdSense publishers can now enhance their sites with interesting videos, YouTube content partners benefit from a new distribution channel, advertisers have a new vehicle to distribute their messages to their target audiences, and people can tune in to interesting videos on sites they normally visit.
Of course one key question that shouldn’t be ignored is why there is need of a video AdSense unit. The service, is the first major combination of a Google services like AdSense with YouTube.
It’s a just way to get video through the largest world distribution of video, YouTube. This is the thinking behind a new, totally free service that promises to combine the power of YouTube service with the better affiliate program service like AdSense.
The end result is that you as an publisher have a very interesting opportunity to earn an extra revenue. Google video ensure you that video unit can be customized by choosing video unit format( site, color and so on). It allows also to change your content in some different keywords or even specific Youtube authors.
Which are the format?
There are two types of ads video unit:
1) Companion ads, they are put above the video content inside the player
2) Text overlay ads, they are appear in the bottom of the video content.
AdSense isn’t just for ads anymore; it’s also a place to get video content for your site — and earn extra revenue at the same time.
A new way to enrich your site with quality, relevant video content in an embedded, customizable player. Simply embed a snippet of code and have relevant YouTube partner content streamed to your site.
You can choose categories of video to target to your site, select content from individual YouTube partners, or have video automatically targeted to your site content.
Companion and text overlay ads are relevant and non-intrusive. To further blend the YouTube player into your site, you can also customize the color scheme and layout as well as choose from three different player sizes.
How Do I Get Started?
To place video units on your site, here the specific steps you need to take.
1. Sign in to your AdSense account.
2. Go in AdSense Setup tab and click the “video units” link.
3. Once made it, Review and check off the Terms and Conditions box.
4. Click the Visit AdSense Video units button. You’ll go to the YouTube website.
5. Once your accounts are linked Go back to the AdSense Setup tab, choose video units as the product and click the Visit AdSense Video units button.
7. Create a new AdSense player. Give your player a name and description so that you remember when edit it in the future.
8. Choose a color theme. (you can change the colors without needing to update your code.)
9. Pick a layout. (the layouts can’t be updated; if you want to change a layout in the future, Google will give the chance to get a new video unit).
10. Choose the type of video content you want to display: by content categories, by individual content providers, or by automatically targeting your site content. The cool thing here is that you can also provide keyword hints to assist automatic video content targeting.
11. Click the Generate code button, then copy and paste the code into into the HTML code of your site.
The key point is that it allows you to find YouTube partners who have added their video with target ads. The ads displayed can be paid based a cost-per-click or cost-per-thousand impression basis.
Now it comes down to the final question: I don’t see how this service can be favorable for a publisher because I think there is an chance to get an Low profit by video adsense unit than traditional contextual adsense.
If there is one thing that lets things down with video AdSense unit for me, is that both Google publisher and YouTube content creators will receive a share of the ad revenue. Google also not specifies what percentage of the revenue will be kept by each party.